- land access
- stakeholder engagement
- social assessment
Intersocial engages the most experienced and skilled social and resettlement professionals in the world to implement projects through a strong project management framework that meets clients’ expectations in terms of deliverables, schedule and budgets.
A key focus for Intersocial is to not only plan and review projects, but to actually implement them. To this end the overwhelming majority of our staff work in the field on client sites.
Job opportunities for Project Managers / Social Experts
Intersocial is currently working on the following:
- Undertaking social scans and impact assessments for mining projects
- Providing resettlement expertise on projects in Africa, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Eastern and Western Europe
- Helping companies develop best practice land access & resettlement standards worldwide
We need suitably qualified and experienced Project Managers and Social Consultants to work with us on a number of Projects in the following regions:
- South America
Candidates should have demonstrated experience in a developing country managing multi-disciplinary teams of social, public consultation, planning and survey experts to develop, manage and implement resettlement action plans, social impact assessments and/or major development projects.
- Development of detailed strategies, action plans, budgets, schedules and workplans in professional formats
- Management of staff and client relations
- Driving the implementation of projects based on client needs and community responses, including managing consultations, community negotiations, socio-economic data collection, social impact assessment and project implementation.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing development or commercial projects in a developing country
- Experience in project management of multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise project reports in English and another key language.
- Higher-level qualification in development, agriculture, environment, social science, law, planning, architecture, or related disciplines
- Experience of managing social impact assessments and resettlement projects.
Terms and Conditions
The successful candidate will be provided with an industry-standard salary, medical cover, international flights (if outside home base) and leave depending on client project requirements.
Contracts may be project-specific or one year renewable, depending on project requirements.
Please submit a cover letter and CV (3 references, max 3 pages in length) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘INTERSOCIAL JOBS’ and include the region you are interested in working in e.g. ‘INTERSOCIAL JOBS SOUTH AMERICA’ or AFRICA or EUROPE or ASIA PACIFIC. Only candidates with work experience in developing countries will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.